Use Chrome or Internet Explorer (IE) to make changes to the Qwidget. Firefox can prevent the text from displaying.
Recent changes to the Qwidget have resulted in a much lower character limit. The best option is to type the message elsewhere, including HTML, and paste it into the Offline Message box.
Changing the Offline Message or Qwidget Name:
You do not need to replace the code in the webpages if you change only the Qwidget Name or Offline Message. To change the text of the Qwidget when AskAway is closed between terms, change the Offline message using the following steps:
- Log into the AskAway QuestionPoint Admin account (9 digit login).
- From the drop-down menu in the top-left corner, choose Administration.
- In the blue navigation bar near the top, click on Forms.
- In the lower navigation bar, click on Forms.
- Under Qwidget Configuration, click Create Qwidget. Choose English and then click Continue.
- You can change the text of the Offline message here and click Submit to save the changes.
- On one of your library webpages, verify that your Qwidget is displaying the updated text.
A suggested text might be:
AskAway is now closed for the holidays/intersession. The service will reopen on [date].
Changes to the Qwidget (design, language, privacy, etc.):
If you make changes to the Qwidget after you paste the Qwidget code into web pages, you must replace the code in the webpages if you change Language, Qwidget Size, Qwidget Colour, or any of the privacy settings. Instructions for changing colour, size, etc. are available on the Create/Update Your Qwidget page.