Recommended Pages to Have Open During Your Shift
- QuestionPoint - Please let the AskAway Administrative Office know of any server provider login issues.
- Campfire - The essential tool for communicating with your colleagues during a shift!
- Guest Logins - Check with AskAway Administrative Office for the username/password to access the updated protected guest logins page.
- VR Portal - Check the Portal for links to the ELN blog, scripts, the staff schedule, library policy pages and more!
Shift Check-In List for QuestionPoint and Campfire
Login early to QuestionPoint and Campfire!
- Logging in 5 minutes early to organize question transfers helps ease the shift changeover with your colleagues and provides uninterrupted service to the patrons.
- We recommend using Internet Explorer v.8+ or Firefox v.4+ for QuestionPoint. Check the Browser Check-list (below) if you are experiencing issues with QuestionPoint.
- In QuestionPoint click the Launch Chat link found in the left-hand menu.
Select both the Primary & BME Queues (exact BME Queues subject to change) available:
- Put a ☑ checkmark in the box next to Primary Queue: BC Academic.
- Put a ☑ checkmark in the box next to BME Queues: DOUGLAS COLLEGE BC, SFU_BC.
- Hit the Save queues button then OK.
- Check the All () tab for the current questions in progress as well as the Librarians () tab for your colleagues currently working. *NOTE* The QuestionPoint All () tab may be experiencing updating issues. Check the AskAway Blog: QuestionPoint All Tab Display Issues (2013) for more information.
- Check the New () tab for any incoming questions that may immediately need pick-up.
- Check with your colleagues in Campfire if any transfers are needed as well as for any ongoing issues.
- Await your first patron in QuestionPoint...
- We recommend using Internet Explorer v.8+ or Firefox v.4+ for QuestionPoint.
- If you are experiencing ongoing issues with updating or logging in with one browser check-out another!
- Clear the cache on your browser. This step may not always be necessary but is recommended if you are experiencing QuestionPoint issues.
- In Internet Explorer - under Tools > Internet Options > General Tab Browsing History - Delete temporary files, history... > click Delete button > check-off Temporary Internet files (and optionally Cookies and Passwords if you are experiencing QP issues) > click Delete button > click OK.
- In Firefox - under Tools > Options > Privacy Tab > click clear your recent history link > check-off Cache (and optionally Cookies and Active Logins if you are experiencing QP issues) > click Clear Now button > click OK.
- If necessary check the browser settings for Firefox or Internet Explorer.