Pages to Have Open During Your Shift
- QuestionPoint - Please let the AskAway Administrative Centre know of any server provider login issues.
- Campfire - The essential tool for communicating with your colleagues during a shift!
- Guest Logins - Contact your local coordinator or the AskAway Admin Centre if you're unable to login.
- AskAway Staff Portal - Check the staff portal for links to the AskAway blog, scripts, the staff schedule, library policy pages, and more!
- Log in 5 minutes early to QuestionPoint and Campfire to ease the shift changeover with your colleagues and provide uninterrupted service to patrons.
- In QuestionPoint click the Launch Chat link found in the left-hand menu.
- Select both the Primary & BME Queues (exact BME Queues subject to change) available or click Select All:
- Put a ☑ checkmark in the box next to Primary Queue: BC Academic.
- Put a ☑ checkmark in the box next to BME Queues: BCIT, Camosun BC, CAPILANO U, Columbia BC, DOUGLAS COLLEGE BC, ECUAD, Kwantlen, Langara, NLC BC, NW CC, OKAN C BC, SFU_BC, TRU BC, TWU, UBC BC, UNBC BC, UVIC, Vancouver CC.
- Hit the Save queues button then OK.
- Check the Librarians () tab for a list of your logged-in colleagues and the questions they're answering.
- Check the All () tab to view current in-progress questions in your primary queue. Note: you will not see questions from alternate queues listed in the All () tab.
- Check the New () tab for any incoming questions that may need immediate pick-up.
- Check with your colleagues in Campfire to facilitate question transfers and share any ongoing technical issues, traffic management and tricky or local knowledge questions. Check the AskAway Blog: Keeping Campfire Useful (2011) for more advice on Campfire.
- Await your first patron in QuestionPoint...
- Need to transfer a patron at the end of your shift? Coordinate in Campfire and use the Transfer button in QuestionPoint.
- Want to wrap-up questions after your shift or when the service closes? De-select the Queue(s) to close the service or appear unavailable (service closes when all Service Providers have left the AskAway queues). Click on the top-right Queue link and Uncheck and Save the list of Queue's monitored to zero (0) even if you have live chats in progress.
- Log-out of QuestionPoint by clicking the top-right Logout link in the chat window. Closing the browser window does not log you out of QuestionPoint! Contact the AskAway Coordinator immediately via email or telephone with emergency logout issues at closing.
Note: All browsers, regardless of the version you use to work AskAway, must have Adobe Flash Player: Version 188.8.131.52 or higher installed or enabled to launch QuestionPoint.
The following browsers are supported by QuestionPoint:
- Google Chrome: current version
- Firefox: current version
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Version 8 and higher
- Apple Safari version 4 and higher (for Mac)
- By default, many browsers may not have Flash enabled. See below for steps to follow to enable Flash in your browser:
- If one browser isn't working, try another!
- If you are still having trouble launching and working in QuestionPoint, please contact the Admin Centre