Monday to Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm (PT)
Open and Close Dates
Section 1 (Sept-Dec)
Section 2 (Jan-Apr)
How do I use AskAway?
- Click on "Chat Now" in the bar above
- Click on the name of your institution
- Enter your question in the chat box and hit "Enter" to send your question
How do I make the chat box window larger?
Click the Expand icon (in the top right corner) and a new window will pop-up where you can continue the conversation.
I am having technical problems.
We apologize if you experienced technical problems during your session! It doesn't happen often, but occassionally there are issues with the service. What you can do:
- Technical glitches: Click on the Refresh or Reload button on your browser. If that does not work, try returning to AskAway in a new browser window and ask your question again.
- Librarian does not seem to be responding: Some software firewalls prevent you from being able to see the librarian's chat. Try disabling your firewall for the session (reconnect when you are done).
If you continue to experience technical problems, please email your question instead. Your library can provide additional help with accessing AskAway.