What is the Qwidget?
The Qwidget is a chat box that libraries can place anywhere on their website, at the patron's point of need - for example, on the library homepage, research guides, database search results, etc.
Create or Update your Qwidget
Follow these steps to generate the code you'll need to place the Qwidget on your library's website, in databases, etc.
Update the Offline Message
When AskAway closes and opens for a new term, update the offline message that displays on the Qwidget.
Qwidget Placement & Visibility
The Best Practices: Minimum Visibility Standards provide guidelines for where to place the Qwidget and best practices to improve AskAway visibility at your library!
Embed the Qwidget
- Steps to embed the Qwidget in EBSCO
- Step by step video (3:59): Embed the AskAway Qwidget in your library's EBSCO databases
- Grab your library's Qwidget code from QuestionPoint
- Login to your ProQuest Admin Module (PAM)
- Navigate to User Interface / Branding / Widgets tab / Add widget button
- In the "Link text" field, enter a title for the chat box
- In the "HTML code" field, insert your AskAway Qwidget code
- Add widget Width and Height
- Select "Include widget directly on results page"
- Click "Save Changes"
- Verify that your library's Qwidget appears in ProQuest search results
- Blackbord, Drupal, Facebook, etc.
- AskAway Wiki has steps for embedding in LibGuides, Summon search results, and more.
- Please note: This information may not be current and will be updated in the near future.
Statistics for your Qwidget
Monthly Qwidget statistics for your institution are available in AskAway's monthly usage stats reports.
See these steps to retrieve daily / hourly statistics for your Qwidget.