Scripts are pre-set canned messages which librarians can choose from a drop-down menu and send to chat patrons during a session. Resolution and description codes can be applied to sessions as AskAway Service Providers exit the session.
Resolution codes are determined by the software, and only one resolution code may be applied to each session, while Descriptive codes are customised for AskAway. They have been selected to capture evaluative information of use to the AskAway service as a whole. Up to four descriptive codes may be applied to each session. Subject-based descriptor codes have not been included because key-word searching of transcripts is available and will provide more nuanced data than subject codes.
If you have any suggestions for additions or deletions to the scripts or descriptor codes, please let the AskAway Administrative Centre know.
- Create Institutional Scripts & URLs (for Local Coordinators) (PDF version also available)
- Create Personal Scripts (for Service Providers) (PDF version also available)
AskAway Blog: Using Scripts & Resolution/Description Codes
- AskAway Blog: Personal Scripts Refresher (2012)
- AskAway Blog: Ending an AskAway Session: How else can we help? (2012)
- AskAway Blog: New AskAway Scripts (2012)
- AskAway Blog: Tips for Busy Times: Tip #1 (2012)