Open these Links for your Shift
- Campfire - Communicate with your colleagues during your shift!
- Policy Pages - Quick links and ready reference information for all participating AskAway libraries.
- Guest Logins
- AskAway Staff Portal
Having trouble logging in? Contact the AskAway Admin Centre or your local coordinator.
- Log in 5 minutes early to QuestionPoint and Campfire to ease the shift changeover with your colleagues and provide uninterrupted service to patrons.
- In QuestionPoint, click "Launch Chat" in the left-hand menu.
- Select both the Primary & BME Queues available or click Select All:
- Put a ☑ checkmark in the box next to Primary Queue: BC Academic.
- Put a ☑ checkmark in the box next to BME Queues: [Exact BME Queues subject to change].
- Hit the Save button.
- Check the Librarians () tab for a list of colleagues currently staffing the service and the number of questions they're answering.
- Check the New () tab for any incoming questions that may need to be picked up immediately.
- Check with your colleagues in Campfire to facilitate question transfers and share any ongoing technical issues, transfers, and tricky questions.
- Await your first patron in QuestionPoint...
Need to transfer a patron at the end of your shift? Coordinate in Campfire and use the Transfer button in QuestionPoint.
Want to wrap-up questions after your shift or when the service closes? De-select the Queue(s) to close the service or appear unavailable (service closes when all Service Providers have left the AskAway queues). Click on the top-right Queue link and Uncheck and Save the list of Queue's monitored to zero (0) even if you have live chats in progress.
At the end of your shift, deselect your queues and log-out of the chat monitor by clicking the top-right Logout link in the chat window. Closing the browser window does not log you out of QuestionPoint!
Contact the AskAway Coordinator immediately via email or telephone with emergency logout issues at closing.
Note: All browsers, regardless of the version you use to work AskAway, must have Adobe Flash Player: Version 18.104.22.168 or higher installed or enabled to launch QuestionPoint.
The following browsers are supported by QuestionPoint:
- Google Chrome: current version
- Firefox: current version
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Version 8 and higher
- Apple Safari version 4 and higher (for Mac)
- By default, many browsers may not have Flash enabled. See below for steps to follow to enable Flash in your browser:
- If one browser isn't working, try another!
- Clear the cache on your browser. This step may not always be necessary but is recommended if you are experiencing QuestionPoint issues.
- If you are still having trouble launching and working in QuestionPoint, please contact the Admin Centre