Service Provider Tools
- QuestionPoint Login - Select and save both the Primary & BME Queues available.
- Campfire Login - Login 5 minutes early to organize question transfers.
- Guest Logins - Use the protected guest logins page to assist patrons at AskAway Institutions. Also available in the right-hand section of Campfire under "Latest Files".
Contact the AskAway Administrative Centre if you are unable to login to QuestionPoint, Campfire or the protected Guest Logins page. Additional tools for your shift (EG. the AskAway Blog) are also available and refresh your shift knowledge with more important QuestionPoint and Campfire tips.
Click the Swamped form button below to enter your authorized email address and send out a call for assistance to the ELN AskAway Service Providers listserv.
- Library Policy Pages
- Email Links for Partner Institutions
- Full Screen Chat Links for Partner Institutions
- Scripts or Scripted Messages in QuestionPoint
- Description & Resolution Codes in QuestionPoint
- Staff Schedule
- Browser Settings & System Requirements - We recommend using IE v.8+ or Firefox v.4+ for QuestionPoint.
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Policies & Procedures
- Guides & Resources
- Best Practices
- Patron Disconnects & Lost Calls
- Unusual Patrons
- Patrons in Crisis
- Service Provider FAQ
- Chat Terminology
- AskAway Virtual Reference Wiki
- AskAway Blog
- Login 5 minutes early to QuestionPoint and Campfire to ease the shift changeover with your colleagues and provide uninterrupted service to patrons.
- In QuestionPoint click the Launch Chat link found in the left-hand menu.
Select both the Primary & BME Queues (exact BME Queues subject to change) available:
- Put a ☑ checkmark in the box next to Primary Queue: BC Academic.
- Put a ☑ checkmark in the box next to BME Queues: DOUGLAS COLLEGE BC, SFU_BC.
- Hit the Save queues button then OK.
- Check the All () tab for current in-progress questions and the Librarians () tab for a list of your logged in colleagues. *NOTE* The QuestionPoint All () tab may be experiencing updating issues. Check the AskAway Blog: QuestionPoint All Tab Display Issue (2013) for more information.
- Check the New () tab for any incoming questions that may need immediate pick-up.
- Check with your colleagues in Campfire to facilitate question transfers and share any ongoing technical issues, traffic management and tricky or local knowledge questions. Check the AskAway Blog: Keeping Campfire Useful (2011) for more advice on Campfire.
- Await your first patron in QuestionPoint...
- Need to transfer a patron at the end of your shift? Coordinate in Campfire and use the Transfer button in QuestionPoint.
- Want to wrap-up questions after your shift or when the service closes? De-select the Queue(s) to close the service or appear unavailable (service closes when all Service Providers have left the AskAway queues). Click on the top-right Queue link and Uncheck and Save the list of Queue's monitored to zero (0) even if you have live chats in progress.
- Log-out of QuestionPoint by clicking the top-right Logout link in the chat window. Closing the browser window does not log you out of QuestionPoint! Contact the AskAway Coordinator immediately via email or telephone with emergency logout issues at closing.