To ensure that your browser is operating at maximum efficiency to handle all those AskAway calls coming in, do the following in your browser:
If you are using FIrefox to staff AskAway, do this in Firefox:
- In the Tools menu, choose Options.
- Under Advanced, click on the Network tab and make sure that Offline Storage is set to 50 MB. (This is critical! Higher settings will affect the speed at which you see and are able to pick up new patrons coming in.)
If you are using Internet Explorer to staff AskAway, do this in IE:
- Go to the Tools menu > Internet Options > Settings (under “Temporary Internet Files” or "Browsing History").
- Make sure that “Check for newer versions of cached pages…on every visit to the page” is selected.
- Ensure “Amount of disk space to use” is set to 1 MB [50 MB if you are using IE 7]. (This is critical! Higher settings will affect the speed at which you see and are able to pick up new patrons coming in.)
- Click OK to return to the Internet Options dialog.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog.
This will ensure that you are seeing the patron calls coming in as quickly as the rest of your colleagues.